Thursday, January 13, 2011

On their way down...

The rain has finally stopped. How long for? No idea. But lets hope/pray it's not going to come down like it has. The floods affected over 25000 homes in Brisbane/Ipswich. Fortunately the waters have been receding. So much so, that the clean up has begun. Many have lost everything.
Some have lost loved ones.
It hurts all the same and I feel so badly for them all.
It's amazing to think that I have been to those areas that were flooded, some only weeks ago.
Many people in those communities have banded together to help those out who so desperately need it. Thank God for them!
Unfortunately those flood waters have headed down South and are wreaking havoc to more families.
I think the planet is trying to tell us something.......



1 comment:

Amy Nicole said...

I've been thinking about you after seeing the flooding on the news. So awful. I've read some heart wrenching stories...glad you and yours are ok...