Monday, March 21, 2011

100th Post!

So I've finally written 100 posts!! It took me a little over a year to do it, though it feels like I've been blogging here for a lot longer than that.

Sadly the weather is rubbish here again and it feels like Autumn will never come...nor Winter for that matter. But I am fortunate and grateful that we aren't experiencing what the rest of the world has been. As everyone knows the latest - Japan and now Libya. Things are terrible for a lot of people out there and I can't even imagine what they are all going through. But my heart goes out to them!

Below is my latest work:




The Summer ring is mine. I haven't worn a thumb ring for a loooong time and I felt like making something rustic looking...not pretty...but hard wearing. I am wearing it now and enjoying it..it's quite comfy :)

I have a few other pieces on my desk that just need stones setting and then polishing up.

It's been a tough week and a half.
I started toilet training my daughter.
I tried once before a few months back, but it didn't feel right, so I postponed it and now we are in it for the long haul. It's been hell on earth on and off, but I know she knows what she has to do...she just has to get on with it now...we have given her the tools, the incentives/rewards and now it's up to her to let it 'click'.

I had some trouble with an online service this month and the last couple of days I was trying do sort it out and not getting much help from them AT ALL. Fortunately my parcel has arrived, be it over 6 days late ( it was EMS International) and I am relieved to put it behind me. I don't think I will be using the service again, I don't think the owner will want me to either lol...but I don't really care :)

How has your week been?? I hope no one has any family/friends who've been affected by the disaster in Japan.