Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hot Enough For Ya?

Seems like many of my posts are about our heat. 
Sorry about that folks, but it's a fact round these parts.

I am feeling really badly for those in Tasmania (and other parts of Aust that are affected), where all those fires are breaking out. 
It freaks me out here too, as across from our front yard is bush/rainforest. As I am a worrier, this kind of weather just pushes my pessimistic side.

So I now have Queensland fire service on my facebook, so I can keep up to date with what's happening around my area.

Regardless of the heat (which is not nearly as bad as some parts), I am attempting to get to the bench more. I have a water cooler (like a fan, but it uses water to cool the air) beside me at my bench. It isn't anywhere near as good as having air conditioning. But it's all I've got. I have worked out a position so I can have it on whilst soldering, which is something. 

Here is the piece I finished last:

Sold.
 Right now I am working on a pair of earrings and a pendant.
I have an order coming from Rio and some small tools and supplies coming from round Australia. I'm still browsing stones on Etsy. Not that I have any money left after those supplies :(

Best get back to the bench whilst I can ....
Take care all 
Em ♥

2 comments:

Amy Nicole said...

Glad you found a way to beat the heat! If summer's weren't bad enough with the heat, there are always fires to contend with...we have the same problems here in the states. Scary stuff. I hope you all will be ok. Beautiful piece! I can see why it sold quickly! Try to stay cool... :)

littlecherryhill said...

Oh Amy it's really bad here at the mo. I think Belinda (saville) has it worse than here. I can't stand this weather. Cannot wait for Autumn!!! Thank goodness for the person who invented Air Con.